Academic Success Resources
Sixth College and UCSD want to see you succeed! If you are having academic difficulties, not fully understanding course material, and/or need help with time management and study skills please review the following resources.
If you are on Academic Probation or Subject to Disqualification, click here
- Talk with your teaching assistants and professors and ask them to clarify what you do not understand from lectures and assignments.
- Ask instructors about their policy regarding work that is submitted late. Sometimes, you can earn a passing grade by submitting work late even if there is a late penalty.
- Speak with your Instructor early and often so they get to know you. They may be more willing to work with you if an issue arises.
- Sign up for tutoring in the Calculus Tutoring Lab if you are in Math 10A or Math 20A.
- Drop in for assistance at Help Room if you are in CHEM 6 series. For other chemistry courses, see your TA.
- Explore drop-in tutoring services for multiple subjects at OASIS.
- Engineering student? Check here to find a tutor in your field of study.
- Sign up for tutoring in the Physics Tutorial Center if you are in a Physics class.
- Contact your department to see if tutoring is available.
- Easily distracted by computer games, friends, and television when you should be studying? Read the procrastination handout
- Balance academics, work, studying, and your social time. Time management hand out and Weekly time finder
- The how-to's of reading effectively, taking helpful notes, and studying. 1.) Study Smarter, Not Harder 2.) SQ4R 3.) Marking Text
- Preparing for exams
- Make an appt with Academic Advising and fill out the Academic Planning form.The form is for students who entered as Freshmen or as Transfer students.
- Counseling and Psychological Services offers various educational workshops as well as individual sessions.
- Student Health Services
- UCSD Athletics and Recreation
- Center for Student Involvement