How to Be Readmitted to Sixth College
Deadlines for Readmission
- Please refer to the UCSD Readmission page for the application filing periods.
Deadlines are strictly enforced by the colleges; no exceptions will be made.
Learn how to be readmitted to Sixth College.
You voluntarily left UCSD (you were NOT academically disqualified)
- Follow the instructions in How to Apply for Readmission to UCSD.
You left because you were disqualified from UCSD for failing to satisfy the UC Entry Level Writing Requirement (ELWR)
- Show the Basic Writing Program that you have completed at least one college level composition course (including papers written for that course).
- Pass the Redemption Exam. For further information, please contact the Basic Writing Program.
- Clear your ELWR hold on your record. Contact the academic advising office at (858) 822-5955 for more details.
- Apply for readmission and pay the required fee by the deadlines listed above. Log in with your PID and PAC, and follow the instructions.
You left because you were academically disqualified from UCSD OR you left while on Final Quarter Contract
- First, complete the College Readmission Evaluation Form (PDF) and return it to the Sixth Advising Office on the 2nd floor of the Pepper Canyon Hall.
- If your readmission appeal form is approved by Sixth College, then complete the online Readmission form for UCSD and pay the required fee (MUST be completed by the deadline listed above). Log in with your PID and PAC, and follow the instructions.
- Check the Virtual Advising Center (VAC) for your new contract. Sixth Academic Advising may contact you with questions about your Readmission Appeal Form.
The Registrar's Office will contact you when the process is complete and give you instructions on how you can enroll in your classes.
For more information, contact Sixth College, (858) 534-9001.