Learn how Sixth College's academic advising services and resources can help you. At Sixth College, our academic advising mission is to develop personal and caring relationships with students and to help you achieve your educational, career, and life goals.
For more information, contact Sixth College.
- Give you academic guidance and encouragement
- Help you feel you are a part of the academic community
- Help you develop personal and career goals and become a lifelong learner
- Help you become an effective global citizen in the 21st Century
- Bring a list of questions to help guide your session
- Review your degree audit and academic history
- Meet with your major/minor advisor for related questions
- Review your Four-Year Plan prior to your session
- Be flexible about your options
- Follow up on your advisor's referrals to other services
- Walk-ins typically last 10-15 minutes and inlcude:
- Degree audit checks and corrections
- Quarter planning and scheduling
- Academic form review, i.e. double major petitions, EAP, OAP, International Student forms, etc.
- For walk-in advising, review our hours and visit us in Pepper Canyon Hall
- Appointments are 30 minutes and can cover:
- Long term planning
- Major exploration
- Academic difficulty
- Discussion of academic opportunities
- To make an appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org