Academic Success Resources
Sixth College and UCSD want to see you succeed! If you are having academic difficulties, not fully understanding course material, and/or need help with time management and study skills please review the following resources.
If you are on Academic Probation or Subject to Disqualification, click here
- Talk with your teaching assistants and professors and ask them to clarify what you do not understand from lectures and assignments.
- Ask instructors about their policy regarding work that is submitted late. Sometimes, you can earn a passing grade by submitting work late even if there is a late penalty.
- Speak with your Instructor early and often so they get to know you. They may be more willing to work with you if an issue arises.
- Sign up for tutoring in the Calculus Tutoring Lab if you are in Math 10A or Math 20A.
- Drop in for assistance at Help Room if you are in CHEM 6 series. For other chemistry courses, see your TA.
- Explore drop-in tutoring services for multiple subjects at OASIS.
- Engineering student? Check here to find a tutor in your field of study.
- Sign up for tutoring in the Physics Tutorial Center if you are in a Physics class.
- Contact your department to see if tutoring is available.
If you have further questions or concerns please come to Academic Advising during walk-in hours, contact us through the Virtual Advising Center, and/or call us at 858-534-9001.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
9:30AM - 11:30AM,
1:30PM - 3:30PM
Tuesday & Friday
1:30PM - 3:30PM