How to Apply for Graduation
Steps to follow to graduate from Sixth College.
- Meet with your advisors, and research your options. Before applying for graduation, you must meet with your major department advisor and Sixth College advisor to be sure you are on the road to fulfilling all graduation requirements.
- You may also want to discuss career and graduate school opportunities available to you. Check out opportunities at the UCSD Career Services Center, including career fairs, job search strategies, resume and interview workshops, graduate school preparation workshops, and more.
- Apply on time. We strongly advise you to apply the quarter before the quarter you would like to graduate. You must file your Degree and Diploma Application (DDA) online by the deadlines below:
- Fall graduates: Last day of finals week, Fall Quarter
- Winter graduates: Last day of finals week, Winter Quarter
- Spring graduates: Last day of finals week, Spring Quarter
- Summer graduates: Last day of finals week, Summer Session II
- To retract your application for graduation, contact a Sixth College academic advisor via the Virtual Advising Center (VAC) and request a retraction of your Degree and Diploma Application (DDA).
- Your academic advisor will remove you from the Degree and Diploma system and notify you by e-mail that you have been retracted from graduation. When you are ready, you can return to the Degree and Diploma Application site to apply for a later graduation.
For more information, contact Sixth College.
University honors are awarded with the bachelor’s degree to students who have an exceptional overall GPA and have completed at least 80 graded units at the University of California. The honors designations are: summa cum laude, top 2%; magna cum laude, the next 4%; and cum laude, the next 8% of the graduating class. Appropriate GPAs are calculated annually to reflect the top 14% of the previous year’s graduating seniors. University honors are recorded on the student’s diploma and transcript.
The criteria for Latin Honors for Fall 2012- Summer 2013 is as follows:
Cum Laude: 3.655 – 3.804
Magna Cum Laude: 3.805 – 3.903
Summa Cum Laude: 3.904 – 4.000
Students must complete at least 80 University of California graded units to be eligible.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
9:30AM - 11:30AM,
1:30PM - 3:30PM
Tuesday & Friday
1:30PM - 3:30PM