Skip to main content

Special Study Projects

Special studies with course codes 198 and 199 can be used to satisfy the Practicum requirement if they are approved for Practicum credit. Students can create their own small group class (198) or independent research project (199) with a faculty member through that professor's department. They may also enroll in an existing special study course already offered by the university.

In order to receive permission to use a special study for the Practicum, students must submit a Practicum proposal by Friday of Week 8 of the quarter before they plan to take their chosen 198 or 199 class. They must also follow all steps required for enrollment by the department offering the special study course.

Find out how to complete a special study!


Contact the Virtual Advising Center: