Spring 2017 Week 1
Monday - Friday 9:30-11:30 and 1:30-3:30pm
Spring 2017 Weeks 2-9
Monday April 10, 2017: Sixth Advising will have limited Walk in availability in the afternoon - 2:30-3:30PM.
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9:30-11:30am
Monday - Friday 1:30-3:30pm
Available for current students in 15 minute increments.
These sessions are recommended for students with general questions or concerns, topics can include:
- Degree audit checks and corrections
- Quarter planning and scheduling
- Academic form review, i.e. double major petitions, EAP, OAP, International Student forms, etc.
Available for current students in 30 minute increments.
Appointments are recommended for questions or concerns that may require more in-depth advising or complexity, topics can include:
- Long term planning
- Major exploration
- Academic difficulty
- Discussion of academic opportunities
How to schedule an appointment:
- To schedule an appointment call the Sixth College front desk (858) 534-9001.
- We do not schedule same-day appointments. In consideration of others, please call at least 24 hours in advance to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- Academic Advising is located on the 2nd floor of Pepper Canyon Hall (map).
Virtual Advising Center-
Current students can submit a brief question 24 hours a day through the Virtual Advising Center. An advisor will respond within 48 business hours (and often sooner).
Important note: Response times may exceed 3 working days during enrollment periods and/or observed campus closures.
- Bring a list of questions to help guide your session
- Review your degree audit and academic history
- Meet with your major/minor advisor for related questions
- Review your Four-Year Plan prior to your session
- Be flexible about your options
- Follow up on your advisor's referrals to other services