CAT 124: Ethnography and Informal Science Learning
CAT 124: Comicraft
About the Practicum
The Sixth College Practicum is an upper-division, 4-unit general education requirement that embodies the College’s commitment to active, hands-on learning. Students enroll in courses that have an experiential, service-learning, or community-based component to the curriculum.
Find out more about which courses you can use to fulfill the Practicum!
Learn more about Practicum criteria and unique project opportunities at information sessions held in Pepper Canyon Hall (map).
- July 10, 2013: Dr. Liz Losh, Director of Academic Programs, blogs about CAT 124 course Comicraft for Bedford/St. Martin's: Part II: service Learning Through Comics - Final Projects.
Bedford Bits: Ideas for Teaching Compostion
- May 31, 2013: UCSD mentors worked with High Tech High Media Arts students to create amazing films in Sixth College's Filmmaking and Authentic Narrative practicum taught by Dr. Michael Trigilio.
Check out some of their work on HTH teacher Margaret Noble's Media Art By Students website.
- Former Practicum student, James Eggert, who participated in Professor Levy's Jordan Expedition co-wrote Behaviours and attitudes related to smoking among a Bedouin population in rural Jordan based on his findings.
Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal 2013, Vol. 19, No. 6
- July 3, 2013: President and CEO John Christian tells Telegraph Business Club how CAPA International Education has successfully become a market-leader in its field (Telegraph [UK])
- May 20, 2013: High Tech High Student Films Garner Top Awards at 47th Annual California Student Media Festival
Best Cinematography - In the Pit of Your Stomach; Best Story - Duct Tape Ninja
- February 28, 2013: Rants And Raves: Drive-By Cinema (KPBS)
PacArts New Mobile Cinema Takes Movies To The Streets
This Week In Practicum
Can't make it to an info session? Come to Practicum walk-in advising hours or contact us at vac.ucsd.edu!